Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Update!


(Several days ago)  Today I had an outing to a dermatologist's office.  Not exactly the kind of outing one looks forward to, but an outing, nonetheless. I have a skin eruption which the doctor believes is pemphigus.  There are two types but if his diagnosis is accurate, I probably have this type:

  • Pemphigus foliaceus.  The blisters, which usually begin on your face and scalp and later erupt on your chest and back, usually aren't painful, and occur primarily in older people.
We should have results of the biopsy within ten days.  In the meantime, they don't seem to bother me much; they are medicated and bandaged to keep me from bumping or scratching, causing further injury.  I'll keep you updated.)

Update:  Back to the dermatologist's office today for results and it was GOOD NEWS. The doctor was extremely pleased with how well I am responding to medication. Will stay on the meds until there is a complete cure but it's healing fast. Thank you for keeping me in your prayers and good thoughts.

Here I am in the waiting room at the doctor's office.  (Anything for an outing).  The folks at Friendship insist on brushing my hair straight back off my forehead and I would NEVER have liked that, but what the hey?  I think I look pretty darned good!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment