Thursday, July 31, 2014

Now that's putting your money where your mouth is :)

Thursday, July 31st

I won't say which one, but one of my favorite nieces (and you're ALL my favorite) just made a contribution to the Alzheimer's Foundation in my name.  She didn't bring it to our attention herself, but Tracy was notified by mail about the donation.  I don't get to see her often anymore but I remember being in her home when she was just a little girl and I was visiting with her mother and father and, again, visiting with her and her family in her home as an older adult.  Distance makes it difficult for her to visit me now, but knowing that she was thinking about me touches my heart.  Thank you, Niece.  I know that you love me and that's what matters most.

I receive cards routinely from Rocky Mount Baptist Church and sometimes from others.  While I may not actually understand the process anymore, it does please Tracy and Greg to know that I'm not forgotten.  This may be the hardest part of dementia for family members.

Actually, Tracy has been a bit surprised lately by some of my actions.  I'm showing more awareness of what's going on around me and WITH me.  I'm talking more (what I say may not be pertinent to the conversation, but I know what I mean - and sometimes it is), and I'm performing more routine and automatic behavior - like reaching for my beverage cup and drinking from it without assistance.

Thanks for keeping up with my blog.  Who knows?  I'm physically very healthy and there may someday be a treatment that will bring my mind and my life back together.  We're all hoping for that.
ME AND MY FAVORITE GIRL


No comments:

Post a Comment