Monday, June 30, 2014

Monday, June 30th




Remember last week I described my food tray for the evening meal? Here's a picture.  What do you think?  

Tracy knows I don't care for brussels sprouts (yes, those are cooked-to-death brussel sprouts), so I didn't eat those.  

There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to food trays.  Sometimes, there's enough food for a farm hand; other times, a scant three or four bites.  Enough about the food.

My weekend included an additional visit with my son.  What would happen to me without my children who keep a sharp eye out for me?  There are many people here who don't have visitors.  Some of them eat very little and fail to prosper.

If you have a loved one in a care facility, please look out for them.  They can't look out for themselves.  They may not be able to ask for help or to thank you for caring.  Go, anyway.  Do, anyway.  Many of them (most, really) are as vulnerable as babies and completely dependent on their caregivers.  And some caregivers don't care.  

Thanks for stopping by here.  Come see me.

(Tomorrow we'll discuss a daily routine for Addie and when the best times are to visit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment