Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday, January 30th

Hello, All!

I hope your new year is getting off to a good start.  Mine?  Well, not so much.

Friendship Retirement Community staff managed somehow to drop me a few days ago and, apparently, the back of my head made contact with the metal sidebar of my bed, since there was a smear of blood there.  Fortunately, there was no real damage - just a trip to Memorial Hospital in the middle of the night and another "heart attack" experience for Tracy.  X-Rays revealed no damage and I went back to the "comfort" of my own bed shortly thereafter.

Now back to the word apparently: Since I can offer no assistance to the aides as they get me up or lower me back into bed, they use a lift for this undertaking.  How do you drop someone from a lift? Apparently, poor training or lack of attention.  Or both? Oh, well!  Just another day in the life of a resident in this place.

Here's a recent picture. I'm sleeping a lot lately but wide awake for this photo shot. Guess it's the cold weather.

Add caption


Love to all,
Addie

1 comment: