Thursday, August 21, 2014

What's This?

Thursday, August 21st

Hello, All!

I know Tracy and Greg are always wondering what's going on with me.  If I could communicate with them, maybe we could figure it out.  :)

But, seriously, for the past few weeks things have been changing.  Sometimes I really respond normally with word and action and my facial expression is often completely normal, focused and connected, without that vacuous expression I've worn for the past year.

Of greatest interest is that I've recently been attempting to feed myself again.  When given a cup of liquid, I drink it on my own, picking up the cup, drinking from it, setting it back down.  And as you can see from the picture, I can manage my fork.  Greg and Tracy continue to feed me because this is a very slow process and I might not be very well nourished left on my own, but it's certainly something new in our world.  In light of the fact I've put on some weight lately, that might not be a bad thing.  :)

Puzzled!



No comments:

Post a Comment