Thursday, December 4, 2014

My Birthday is Coming Soon!

Image result for free clipart music notes

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,

Happy birthday, dear Addie,
Happy birthday to me!

My twin brother, Alcoy, and I were born on December 19, 1931, so you can do the math. They named me Addie Naomi Basham. 

Naomi, of all names. I never liked that name.  Mama said her cousin Naomi had promised if she would just name that pretty baby after her she would give me a present on every birthday.  Wonder what happened to that promise?  I got the name but never the gift. I got used to it after a while, but you’ll notice I always signed my name Addie B. Dillon.   :)

The years passed by so fast.  This past year I became a great grandmother.
My, my, how time does fly.

I thought you might like to see some pictures of my past birthdays.

Celebrating at Kubuki with Tracy and Friends

Cutting the Cake at My 80th Birthday in Bedford Mountains with Family
Thinking of you!

Love, 
Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment